Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sometimes the Universe Just Wants to Kick your Ass

There are those days and weeks when you just want to repetatively beat your head on the desk. Is it bad karma I am experienceing? I don't recall putting my foot in my mouth recently. By Tuesday morning I was already having a hell of a week. I really just wanted to crawl under the covers, bury my head and snuggle with the pup until the weekend, but I started feeling guilty just thinking about it. I think sometimes the universe just wants to kick your ass, so it does.

In the span of two days I was e-rejected by two jobs and lost one of my clients. Further concreting my place in Loserville was the ever so pleasant feeling of seeing the exact same job I was turned down for reposted the very next day. Really? Am I that bad that you would rather start your search all over than even consider me for an interview? Neurotically, I began obsessing and fretting that my husband would leave me for a hotter, younger chic with a fabulous job so she can become his sugar momma. Hopefully, there aren't too many of those in Durango. (This mental aneurysm may also be complicated by the fact that I am barreling toward thirty without the hope of brakes).

Meltdown, yes. Existential, no. After a series of running, ordering a massive stack of self help books, painting and a Pilates class, I finally managed to let it go. I am putting my big girl panties on and marching forward. Maybe this is the kickstart I needed to get moving in the right direction, and get my act together. Besides, my new winter boots just arrived, (geez UPS is a life saver here in the sticks!), so if the universe decides it wants to come back for more anytime soon, at least I will be looking hot.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl. Take a deep breath. Bake cupcakes. Repeat as necessary.

    ReplyDelete