The weather is getting cooler, the leaves are turning, and I am giddy as a little girl about my first real Fall. The cooler weather leaves me craving warm and comforting foods, the most perfect of which is banana bread, oh yummy. This recipe is so easy that it is almost calming to make, it's like cooking yoga. There must be something about the smell filling the house because even the dog takes it down a notch when I'm making this. The best thing about this recipe: no mixer required and no altitude adjustments needed! I hope you enjoy this, and be patient with those nanners, willing them to start turning brown doesn't work, I've already tried.
* 4 ripe banana's - smashed
* 1/3 cup melted butter
* 1 cup sugar (have not tried this with sugar sub., but I'm sure it would work)
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* Pinch of salt
* 1 1/2 cups al purpose flour
* 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
* 2-3 packets turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
How you do it:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using frozen blueberries, set them in a dish on the counter to thaw while you do the rest (no need to de-thaw completely)
* With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the bananas
* Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla
* Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in
* Add the flour 1/4 cup at a time to the batter; be careful not to overmix, batter will be lumpy
* Gently fold in the blueberrries
* Pour batter into a buttered 4"x8" loaf pan
* Sprinkle top with turbinado sugar (this gives it a very pretty and slightly crunchy crust on top)
* Bake for 1 hour, then cool approx. 10 min. on a wire rack before removing from pan
This recipe was adapted from one found on SimplyRecipes.com

That looks like a great recipe - I've never tried blueberries in banana bread! I'll have to check it out!
ReplyDelete