Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Catching up

It's been a while... I just haven't been in the mood to share. Nothing personal, but it seems that last few months have been packed with travels and events, with my thoughts drifting toward everything I haven't accomplished this year. I am sitting here now watching the snow lightly fall, and feeling more at peace, so I figure I will update you on the biggies from the last few months.

Jason & I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary in October with a very special trip to SantaFe, NM. SantaFe is a foodie/art lover's dream! Definitely my kind of place, and a fun way to reflect on the past ten years.

Thanksgiving was spent relaxing in Atlanta catching up with our nephew, who is quite a little entertainer. He is growing so fast, it's sad that only make it out that way a few times a year. I literally balled when we had to leave!

We had a big snowstorm here in Durango that dropped about 2ft in 24 hrs. It was pretty fun for the first few hours, until we had to start shoveling it. However, I tried to soak it in and enjoy it since this is my first official winter here. The pup and I frolicked to our hearts content. It's amazing how much she loves the snow.

18 hr. drive to Houston for the Christmas holidays, nuff said! It wasn't so bad on the trip in though because we caravaned with some friends, had a great dinner and a comfy bed to sleep in for a break. It was a busy week, but we got some great time in with family and some time to snuggle with the new neices and nephews.

I do feel pretty good about minimizing the holiday food-fest, though. We had healthy foods for Christmas dinner, and I limited the cookie, candy intake, and even went jogging a few times. So except for the Tex-Mex, BlueBell, beer & pizza, umm - yeah nevermind. Note to self - go to gym... immediately!

We are coming up on our first year in Durango, yay we made it so far! And, I am approaching a milestone myself - 29, again. I've found that ignoring it doesn't make it go away, so any advice on avoidance would be appreciated. I'll update you on the meltdown staus after the new year. Happy New Year to you all! I wish you much success and happiness in 2010.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!  i had no idea you liked to cook, especially new things. I'm glad things have been good for your first year. I'm following your blog now 

    ReplyDelete